Sunday, February 3, 2008

Intro to Car Point

I'm a self-confessed car nut. It started when I was 4 years old and spent much of my time sketching cars on a desk my father built from solid pine, sweat, and laquer so thick you could of swore there was a sheet of glass covering the piece of furniture. I've read about cars since I was 12 (that was about the same age I actually started to enjoy reading, as long as it wasn't of the assigned variety). Does all of this make me an expert? Not exactly, but like a sports buff who can spit out the ERA stats of the Yankees back in '81, I can tell you the performance numbers of almost every Porsche built since the brand's beginning. I don't work in the industry so my views aren't overly jaded, although I do have biases based on experience and observations while sitting in gridlock along the 91 freeway (a notoriously gridlocked freeway here in Southern California).

As for this blog, my purpose is to educate, test, rant, rave, enlighten, repair, explain, discuss, break, install, damage, and not all necessarily in that order, about the car itself, products used to fuel it, fill it, clean it, repair it, and outright improve it. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

looking forward to it!